I 2020 fejrer The Sims 20-års jubilæum, og derfor får du her en række fun facts om The Sims gennem tiden: 16 ting du nok ikke vidste om The Sims.
Vidste du fx, at flere af The Sims-karaktererne i Sims 3 forestiller spillets udviklere? Og at det i ’The Sims 3: Kæledyr’ er rigtige mennesker, der har lagt stemmer til alle dyrenes karakterer? Eller at du i Sims 4 skal passe ekstra godt på dine simmere. De kan nemlig risikere at dø af pinlighed, hvis de oplever alt for mange akavede situationer som eksempelvis at blive afvist i at fri.
Fun facts you didn’t know about The Sims:
The Sims 1
- The original Sims user interface – The Sims original user interface took 11 from-scratch iterations until it was eventually finalized, requiring the polish needed to make the daily gameplay feel just right.
- The first fully 3D game – The first fully 3D game in the franchise was “The Sims” on PlayStation 2 in 2003.
The Sims 2
- Finding inspiration – The Maxis team watched many episodes of “Gilligan’s Island” and “Survivorman” together during the development of “The Sims 2 Castaway”.
- The real world Sims house – EA and Maxis created a real-world Sims house to help promote the release of The Sims 2 in 2004. This house was built with glass walls and a family of four lived in it for under a week as they received instructions from the internet to recreate some familiar Sims activities.
The Sims 3
- People IRL turned digital – Several characters that were randomized in Create a Sim were actual development members.
- Hair inspiration – Hair concept inspiration sometimes comes from hair of development team members.
- The skill of art – Team members from many disciplines contributed art for the various skill levels of paintings.
- Pets with human voices – The Sims 3: Pets actually had real human voice actors recording for each of the game’s animal characters.
The Sims 4
- Capture the life of a Sim – Writers Can Resurrect Other Sims: Bestselling Author” aspiration receive a new ability as a reward. They can write The Book of Life. This special book can then be used to “Capture Epic Saga” of a specific Sim.
- With the help of fans – Laundry Stuff Pack is our first ever community voted pack curated and tweaked from the beginning with the help of The Sims’ millions of fans.
- Conspiracy theorists, rejoice – The Loch Ness Monster Exists: In The Sims 4 Get Together expansion pack, the Loch Ness Monster that can sometimes be seen in the waters near The Island Bluff.
- The Supervillains – Sims can become Supervillains with the Secret Agent career hitting level 7
- Travel to an secret alien planet – In The Sims 4 Get To Work expansion pack, Sims can travel to a completely new planet. This is achieved after reaching Level 10 in the Rocket Science skill and reaching the top of the Scientist career. From there players who upgrade their rocket ship with a wormhole generator will eventually receive the assignment to travel to the secret alien planet Sixam (or Maxis backwards!)
- Naked and streaking – In The Sims 4, your Sim can actually get naked and go streaking. You must attain level 4 by practicing mischief in conversations and once the friendship gauge is at the halfway point with another Sim, you’ll see the ability option to “Dare to streak.”
- Take care of the trash – Dropping trash on the ground outside in The Sims 4 and leaving it for too long will eventually turn it into a Trash Plant. Watering the plant and taking care of it will eventually make the plant drop little trash bags known as Trash Fruit which can be eaten without making your Sims sick.
- Try not to get too embarrassed – Sims can actually die of embarrassment in The Sims 4 by experiencing numerous bad things happening to them in a short time, such as privacy being invaded or getting rejected from a marriage proposal.