Så er dagen for alle Final Fantasy fans oprundet. Det er i dag at Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers udvidelsen rammer og dermed er der nye historier, nye jobs, racer og meget andet. Vi har launch traileren ovenfor og hele pressemeddelelsen her:
SQUARE ENIX® today launches FINAL FANTASY® XIV: Shadowbringers™, the new expansion for the critically-acclaimed MMO that recently celebrated over 16 million registered accounts and is currently enjoying the highest concurrent subscriber numbers in its history.
Shadowbringers marks a bold new beginning for the title by taking players to Norvrandt, in the First World. This marks the first time Warriors of Light will journey beyond the world of Hydaelyn™, as they must become Warriors of Darkness to fight against the forces of Light, which threaten to destroy this realm.
The new expansion adds a wealth of new features to the game, including:
- Two New Jobs: Gunbreaker and Dancer – The highly-anticipated new jobs make their debut in Shadowbringers. The Gunbreaker takes on a tanking role and protects their party from harm using the fearsome power of the gunblade, while the ranged DPS Dancer unleashes powerful attacks while also providing beneficial effects to their party.
- Two New Races: Viera and Hrothgar – the rabbit-like Viera are joined by the fierce leonine Hrothgar, both set to add unique, customisable features specific to their races.
- Level Cap Increase – The level cap will be raised to 80 with the release of Shadowbringers. With this will come new actions for classes and jobs—as well as new foes on which to hone your skills.
- ‘Trust’ System – In Shadowbringers, players will have the opportunity to challenge dungeons with a party of trusted non-player characters, including various Scions of the Seventh Dawn—traditional party matching systems will remain available.
- New Beast Tribes and Primals – Players will encounter the carefree but cruel Pixies in Il Mheg alongside their mighty regent Titania, while other Beast Tribes including the less aggressive Nu Mou and the insular Dwarves.
- Battle system changes, new gear and crafting recipes, and much more…
Players can also look forward to a variety of additional content that has been announced for release in upcoming patches:
- New Game + – This brand-new system will allow for replay of previously completed quests while retaining one’s current progression and job level.
- New Alliance Raid: “YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse” – This exciting new raid written by guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO will see FINAL FANTASY and NieR come together as never before! What grand adventure awaits the enigmatic automaton garbed in white?
- New High-End Raid: “Eden” – Beyond the boundaries of Norvrandt lies the Empty─a land drowned in the primordial light of the Flood. To redress the balance of the elements, our hero must wield a power the likes of which the First has never known: the power of Eden. This new high-end raid content will feature a new character designed by KINGDOM HEARTS® Director and FINAL FANTASY series veteran, Tetsuya Nomura.
- High-End Content for Disciples of the Hand and Land – Crafters and Gatherers will be tasked with helping to rebuild the Holy See of Ishgard. The Dragonsong War may have ended, but its scars yet remain. As man and dragon work together to restore the Holy See to glory, they aim to lay the cornerstone of the new Ishgard─the Firmament─and are in need of helping hands.
Players will also have the option to purchase several types of items to advance through the main scenario and job levels respectively to more swiftly access Shadowbringers content.
- The Tales of Adventure: A Realm Reborn completes all A Realm Reborn main scenario content up to Patch 2.55: Before the Dawn.
- The Tales of Adventure: Heavensward completes all Heavensward main scenario content up to Patch 3.56: The Far Edge of Fate.
- The Tales of Adventure: Stormblood completes all Stormblood main scenario content up to Patch 4.56: A Requiem for Heroes.
- Each of the Tales of Adventure are also available for each job (excluding Gunbreaker and Dancer), instantly boosting a single character’s level in the specified job.