RAGE 2 tilføjer et ny lag old school på den hysteriske underholdning med et Cheat system i spillet. Det er bare mærkeligt. Så du traileren 1. april om game moden “He’s on Fire” ? Det var ikke en joke. Det er med i spillet når RAGE 2 udkommer 14. maj og der kommer endnu flere efter udgivelsen. Vi har sakset pressemeddelelesen:
SO, WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
“Cheats have been an integral part of games since someone first typed ‘idkfa’ into the original Doom,” says Peter Hastings, Senior Gameplay Programmer. “And we’re proud to be keeping the tradition alive. Plus, they’re just really funny.” Hastings’s favorite cheat makes exploding red barrels rain from the sky, which is just a fun mental picture. A little less singing in the rain and a little more screaming from the pain.
You can get a taste of these delicious (and weird) Cheats below:
- He’s on Fire: Video game voiceover legend Tim Kitzrow lends his very familiar talents to RAGE 2 with the “He’s on Fire” Cheat. BOOMSHAKALAKA.
- Git Gud: Sweet, sweet instagib. With “Git Gud” every enemy goes down in one hit. It’s not fair to your enemies, but f*** ‘em. You. Are. A. God.
- Son of Thor: Much like the power Olivia Newton John is supplying in the hit film “Grease,” this Cheat is electrifying. When the “Son of Thor” Cheat is activated, the player becomes electric, electrocuting any enemies that get too close.
- Klegg Support: The infamous (and douchey) Klegg Clayton is spawned as a friendly AI companion. We honestly don’t know if this is a reward or a punishment.
- Phoenix Rejector Seat: Now this is just getting ridiculous. As opposed to the Phoenix’s Ejector Seat, which does what it says on the tin and ejects the player from the vehicle, the Rejector Seat leaves the player on the ground and ejects the Phoenix into the air. Like we said, ridiculous.
- And So Much More: There will be more Cheats dropped into the game on a rotating basis, and additional Cheats will be added to the lineup post-launch.
THOSE SOUND RAD, BUT HOW DO I GET THEM?
Everyone, no matter which version of the game you have, will be able to access all of the Cheats. We’ll repeat that a few times, just so there’s no concern over whether you’ll have to pay for them, or whether or not your version will even have them. That being said, there are different ways to get the Cheats. Here are some of the ways you’ll be able to stock up on Cheats in RAGE 2:
- RAGE 2 Deluxe Edition: The Deluxe Edition of RAGE 2 comes with three Cheats right off the bat. These Cheats will be accessible to anyone with any version of the game, but if you don’t have the Deluxe Edition, you’ll have to track down the Wasteland Wizard to get them, which brings us to the next way to get Cheats.
- The Wasteland Wizard: “Cheats are given to you by the Wasteland Wizard,” Hastings explains. “He’s a mystical sage with universe-altering powers, who can be found wandering the wasteland.” The Wasteland Wizard is actually a friendly mutant with a very… odd name, but he will still sell you Cheats (and other exciting goodies) for in-game currency, provided you can find him. You don’t have to pay real money for Cheats.
- Pre-Order: Pre-ordering any version of RAGE 2 will automatically get you the “He’s on Fire” Cheat. Just like with the Deluxe Edition Cheats, every version of the game will have access to this Cheat, whether it has been pre-ordered or not. Pre-ordering simply means it will be in your Cheats menu right from the get-go. (We told you we’d be repeating ourselves a few times, but at least now hopefully you’re very aware of the fact that you’ll never have to pay real human money for Cheats.)