Det er næste år at du kan komme til at spille Peachleaf Pirates som er et RPG udviklet af danske Dog Kiss Studio aka Carl-Frederik Wibroe. Spillet blander udforskning med dyrkning og er en afslappende oplevelse i lyse og venlige omgivelser. Det udgives af Digerati og kommer til Steam næste år.
Du kan deltage i betaprogrammet ved at tilmelde dig her: https://mailchi.mp/digeratidistribution/peachleafbeta
Based in Denmark, Peachleaf Pirates is created by one-man developer Dog Kiss Studio, aka Carl-Frederik Wibroe.
His journey into game dev has been far from conventional – along the way Wibroe has been a professional DJ, worked with lions and tigers at a conservation project in South Africa, a drill sergeant in the army, and has had a career in hospitality. He also has a degree in psychology, and recently celebrated his 30th birthday.
A self-taught coder, creating Peachleaf Pirates has been a significant part of Wibroe’s life for the last couple of years, although the seeds of its conception were planted while he was working his previous job:
“I started creating Peachleaf while I was working in a hotel, where 12-hour shifts were the norm. My goal was to create a relaxing experience that I could lose myself in for a few hours after a long and rough day at work, without having to worry about gossiping co-workers, mean bosses, or angry hotel guests.”
About the game
Washed ashore with no memory of how you got there, an eccentric cast of locals welcome you to their quirky paradise. Divide your time between adventuring and homesteading, and discover there’s more to the island than palm trees and parrots in this colorful RPG with point & click & farm-sim elements.
- Uncover the secrets of the island: Solve puzzles and parlez with the kooky cast of locals to help save the ancient Peachleaf tree from evil in a puntastic tale inspired by the classic point-and-click adventures of yore.
- Grow and harvest island crops: From Mango and Guava, to Chubaberry and Fairyplum. But be warned – goblins will happily steal any crops left unprotected, and the lush tropical climate can make your plants prone to disease.
- Battle through the Temple: Explore the many floors of a mysterious jungle temple to find riches and rewards, but be ready for a fight – the temple is home to a LOT of not-so-friendly creatures waiting to mob you from every direction!
- Raise bizarre animals: Bees make honey. Hens lay eggs. Dinoflies… erm, what do dinoflies do?
- Master unique skills: Navigate and progress through your skill-trees to become a formidable voodoo spellcaster, a skilled swordmaster or sharpshooter, or an expert homesteader.
- Research, crafting, and recipes: Unlock an ever more amazing array of useful items, tools, and foods as you progress.